Thanks for your interest in becoming an LA TechWatch Guest Contributor! We are always on the lookout for new writers to round out our coverage of the startup scene with their unique insights and experiences.
We ask that you kindly consent to the following before entering our review process:
- We appreciate your interest in becoming a contributor. Due to the high volume of submissions we receive we are not able to guarantee that your content will be published.
- LA TechWatch maintains a balanced editorial perspective. We do not accept contributions that read as promotional material or personal marketing efforts. Please ensure that the focus of your contribution is in providing an audience with engaging information and insights.
- Content you submit must be your original work and cannot have been previously published elsewhere. LA TechWatch reserves the right to immediately, and without prior warning, remove any and all content from the site if it is suspected of plagiarism or found to have been previously published to another source.
- LA TechWatch reserves the right to modify and edit content in the interest of clarity, brevity, grammar, and conformity with style of the publication. LA TechWatch also reserves the right to reject articles that require heavy editing or modification.
- Content must include a title, no longer than 10 words.
- Content must be between 600-1,200 words. If you are asked to become a guest contributor you will have the opportunity to pitch longer pieces to our Editor In Chief.
- Guest Contributors are limited to two relevant in-post links per submitted content piece. No affiliate links are permitted in the body of the content, but you may include additional links to your website and social accounts in the “About the Author” section, see below.
- Content submissions must include at least one image with a maximum width of 650 pixels. All images must be in JPG or PNG format. AlleyWatch reserves the right to publish content with image(s) of its choosing if an image is not included in the original content submission. If you are having trouble finding an appropriate image, you may want to look at Pond5 and iStockPhoto.
- Images included with the content submission must have permissions from their original source and give the proper accreditation to this source. LA TechWatch reserves the right to immediately, and with no prior warning, remove any and all content that it believes contains images that have been obtained illegally or without the express consent and knowledge of their creators.
- Content must include an “About the Author” section written in the third person. This bio must be no longer then 200 words and may contain links to your company or website. Please include a headshot in JPG or PNG format as well as links to your social media accounts that you would like readers to visit, potentially including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Email.
- AlleyWatch does not compensate Guest Contributors, but does grant contributors proper attribution to all of their work published on the site.
- If your content is chosen for publication we ask that you monitor it and respond to comments made to the post. Our audience enjoys interacting with our contributors and this will give you an excellent opportunity to gather feedback on your work.
- If your content is chosen for publication we also ask that you promote it to your social media channels.
- In choosing to submit content you grant LA TechWatch a 30-day, royalty free, exclusive license to publish, excerpt, edit, modify, and repurpose your content as needed. This license goes into effect the day your content is published to the site. This license cannot be revoked or modified after you have chosen to submit your content. You will be given proper attribution to all of your work published to the site.
- Immediately upon expiration of the initial 30-day license a second license goes into effect whereby you grant LA TechWatch a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to publish, excerpt, edit, modify, and repurpose your content as needed. This license cannot be revoked or modified after you have chosen to submit your content. You will be given proper attribution to all of your work published to the site.
- LA TechWatch reserves the right to syndicate any submitted content to its affiliate properties.
If you have any questions about these guidelines please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you agree to the guidelines and would like to submit your content for consideration then please visit: Write for Us.